Flipism is a technique under which people make many good decisions by just flipping a coin. Initially, the flipping of coins appeared in the Donald Duck Disney comic series called ‘Flip Decision’ by Carl Barks, which was published in 1953. There are many other things, such as dice or any random thing, that can also be used for making the decision, but coins are one such thing that the people mainly prefer. Flipping a coin helps the person make good decisions for them to have a happy life.
- Flipping a coin is a prevalent culture among the people as they think that it is an excellent technique for making a good decision. Nowadays, we can see this technique being used in various places such as media or in real life. Let us look at some of the television shows that have used this culture in their show.
- James Bailey wrote a novel in 2020, ‘The Flip Side,’ has a character who used to depend on tossing a coinflip so that he can make all his decisions. This character used to do this to make a better decision that can satisfy his mind.
- In the film American perfect, a character named Jake Nyman used to practice the philosophy of tossing a coin so that all his decisions can be right. There are many scenes where we can see Jake Nyman practicing this technique.
- The Mr. Tako of the moving King Kong versus Godzilla, who was the head of Pacific Pharmaceuticals, used to toss a coin used to help him make the decisions. Many multiple scenes can be seen in the movie where Mr. Tako used to flip a coin.
- According to the poet and scientist Danish, there are many advantages of flipping a coin as it helps people make decisions. He has mentioned it in a poem which was named “A Psychological Tip.” Through the help of this poem, the poet has explained the importance of tossing a coin in decision-making. According to him, it is a compelling technique used by the people to make sound and better decisions that can be proved better for the people in their lives.
- One of the most essential and famous villains of Batman use to do the toss so that he can make a good decision for himself. He used to do this because he thought that he was unable to decide anything for himself, and this technique was used to help him make the decisions.
- In one of the episodes of ‘The Big Bang Theory,’ we can see that Sheldon Cooper was trying to resolve all the decisions he has made using a coin.
- Flipping a coin or toss is also very famous in cricket as it is used to select which team is going to bat first and which team is going to ball first. Therefore we can clearly say that the coinflip is top-rated in the television and media industry and entertainment.